Smartify connects people to art. Trusted by cultural organisations around the world, we entertain, enliven and enrich audiences. Because when we’re inspired, we’re unstoppable.
We are Smartify, and with well over 1 million downloads we are the most downloaded museum app in the world. Featured by Apple in their keynotes and chosen as app of the day in over 30 countries, our mission is to build the ultimate platform for art and culture lovers everywhere.
We work with many of the world’s biggest museums and the most exciting names in art, uncovering the stories behind the works. Smartify’s award winning app platform using cutting edge computer vision AI technologies to identify 2D and 3D artworks and objects and instantly return text, audio and video interpretation.
We are a small but diverse team from all over the world (with a base in London & Amsterdam). We do trips, conferences and events together on a semi-regular basis (when covid isn’t around), and we are always committed to cultivating a company that embraces differences.
About the design team
- The product design team is made up of two experienced designers.
- They own the entire design process, from problem exploration to final implementation.
- They are implementing new ways of working to the business with a human centred approach.
- They are collaborators and share all ideas, process and ways of thinking across teams.
- And they're fun bunch who are looking forward to working with another passionate designer who loves to drive products and design forward.
What you’ll do
- Be able to work 100% remotely.
- Report to head of design.
- Work closely with the lead designer and collaborate visual concepts and feature adaptations that fulfils our purpose to connect people with art.
- Experience working with Figma on UI design, design systems and prototyping.
- Past experience working and maintaining the current design system.
- Past experience working across devices and platforms - iOS, android, PWA and web.
- Combine creativity with an awareness of design principles and brand identity.
- Advocate for putting humans at the centre of the digital experiences that we design.
- Work with the team, but also operate autonomously and provide value throughout the entire design project.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership.
- Follow established guidelines, practices and standards for UI/UX design and help drive our design systems forward.
- 3+ years of experience in UX, UI, interaction design, wireframes, prototyping and research.
- You are comfortable in communicating professionally in English as we are an international team
- Highly motivated, organised, proactive, enthusiastic and resourceful.
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches and methodologies.
- Experience with user testing tools, to conduct research and determine informed insights to guide the refinement of digital products and experiences.
- You can contribute inclusive design practices and are comfortable in voicing your opinion.
Salary based on experience.
To apply, please forward your resume and portfolio to our head of design at email@example.com.